Anyone interested in conducting business on National Park Service property is encouraged to attend the Cape Hatteras National Seashore commercial services orientations and open houses scheduled this month on Hatteras, Ocracoke and Roanoke islands.
The meetings will begin with a presentation, followed by a Q & A session, discussion and networking.
Meetings are scheduled 2 p.m. May 14 at the Ocracoke Community Center, 999 Irvin Garrish Highway; 11 a.m. May 15 at Outer Banks Group Headquarters at Fort Raleigh National Historic Site, 1401 National Park Drive, Manteo; and 1 p.m. May 17 at Fessenden Center Activity Room, 46830 NC 12, Buxton.
The presentation will provide an overview of the seashore’s commercial services program, which permits businesses to provide the following visitor services through Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs):
- Beach fire services
- Guided fishing services
- Guided horseback tours
- Guided waterfowl hunting
- Interpretive and educational programs
- Non-motorized boat tours such as kayak tours
- Off-road vehicle driving tours
- Outdoor fitness classes such as yoga
- Photography instruction
- Road-based commercial tours and transportation
- Watersport instruction such as surfing lessons