BEAUFORT — The town wants feedback from residents about managing Taylor’s Creek.
The public meeting is set for 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Beaufort Lab Auditorium, 101 Pivers Island Road. Though not required, organizers request that attendees register for the meeting to help with preparations.
Town staff and officials are hoping to learn more about safety and environmental concerns regarding Taylor’s Creek as well as receive feedback and possible solutions for management.
The following questions will be asked during the meeting for group consideration:
- What do you see as the economic benefit or potential benefits of the Beaufort Harbor and Taylor’s Creek waterway?
- Do you have concerns about how the harbor looks?
- Do you have concerns about harbor safety?
- Do you have concerns about harbor function and accessibility for locals, visitors and transient boaters?
- Do you have concerns about the habitats and water quality in our harbor? Sailboats in the Harbor?
Because of the new bridge, Pivers Island can only be accessed by turning onto Radio Island Road, left onto Old Causeway Road, then right onto Pivers Island Road. The auditorium is in the building on the left after the small bridge – a long, white two-story building with double glass front doors.
For more information, contact Beaufort Town Hall at 252-728-2141 or email Public Information Officer Rachel Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.