KILL DEVIL HILLS — Wright Brothers National Memorial will waive entrance fees next year on six different days, the National Park Service announced Thursday.
Free entry to the memorial will be on the following days:
- Jan. 15: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 21: First Day of National Park Week
- Aug. 19: National Aviation Day
- Sept. 22: National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11: Veterans Day
- Dec. 17: 115th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight
“2018 is guaranteed to be an exciting year at Wright Brothers National Memorial,” said David Hallac, National Parks of Eastern North Carolina superintendent in a press release. “Entrance fees will be waived on six fee free days, staff will continue working with our valuable partners to hold inspiring National Aviation Day and first flight anniversary events, and there will a grand reopening of the park’s visitor center next year.”
Entrance fees are not charged at Cape Hatteras National Seashore or Fort Raleigh National Historic Site.