Join in the 75th anniversary celebration of the state ferry system by entering ferry-inspired images to the North Carolina Department of Transportation’s summer photo contest.
Submissions are being accepted through Sept. 22 and will be judged by representatives from the Ferry Division and the department’s communications office.
Winners will be selected in the following categories:
- Ferry Memories: Have a photo from a past North Carolina ferry trip? Send it in and tell the story behind it.
- Families on the Ferry: Snap a photo of the kids, grandparents, or the whole family taking a ferry ride.
- Scenic Splendor: Sunrises, sunsets, beautiful shots of eastern North Carolina scenery from or of a ferry.
- Enjoying The Ride: Snap a selfie or take a fun picture of your friends or family taking a summertime ferry ride.
- Four-Legged Friends: Taking your pets along? Send in a photo of your furry pal.
Contestants can submit their entries using the form on the 75th anniversary webpage.
By submitting the photo, contestants are allowing NCDOT to use the entry on social media and other promotions, and confirming that all those shown in the picture give their consent to be photographed, officials said.
The state is also collecting “Ferry Tales,” an archive of memorable moments connected to a ride on a North Carolina ferry. Those stories can also be submitted on the anniversary webpage.