The public is encouraged to call in or log on at 6 p.m. March 16 for a hearing with North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries officials on several proposed shellfish leases in Carteret County.
The public may participate in the hearing online at https://ncdenrits.webex.com/
The following are the applicants and proposed leases:
- Philip Hamann, agent for Hamann Clammin’, has applied for a 2.30-acre bottom lease in the Newport River.
- David Cessna, agent for Sandbar Oyster Co., has applied for a 4.46-acre bottom and water column lease in Back Sound.
- Adam Randles, agent for Moyst Oyster Co. has applied for a 5.5-acre bottom and water quality lease in North River.
- Austin Goodwin has applied for a 0.91-acre bottom and water column lease in Wards Creek.
- 35 North Mariculture, LLC. Isaiah Smith, agent, has applied for a 2.59-acre bottom and water column lease in North Bay.
- Christian Bayer has applied for a 1.76-acre bottom lease below the bridge in North River.
- Doy Rhue has applied for a 1.01-acre water column lease in Newport River.
Public hearing information, including the web conference link and call-in telephone number, presentation slides, and biological investigation reports can be found online.
To speak during the meeting, register online by 4 p.m. March 15.
The public can also submit comments until 6 p.m. March 17 and may be submitted online or mailed to N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries, Shellfish Leases, P.O. Box 769, Morehead City, N.C. 28557.
For more information, contact Marla Chuffo with the division’s Habitat and Enhancement Section at 252-808-8048 or Marla.Chuffo@ncdenr.gov.