The North Carolina Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve local advisory committees will meet next month.
The committees are made up of citizens and community organizations, government agencies, and nongovernmental partner organizations representatives who provide the Division of Coastal Management’s Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve staff with guidance and feedback regarding program activities and management of the reserve sites.
The meetings are open to the public and will be held on the following dates:
- Zeke’s Island Reserve, 9 a.m. Monday, Fort Fisher Recreation Area Education Room, 1000 Loggerhead Road, Kure Beach.
- Emily and Richardson Preyer Buckridge Reserve, 10 a.m. Monday, Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge Office, 205 South Ludington Drive, Columbia.
- Masonboro Island Reserve, 5 p.m. Monday, University of North Carolina Wilmington Center for Marine Science, Habitat Conference Room, 5600 Marvin Moss Lane, Wilmington.
- Bald Head Woods Reserve, 10 a.m. Dec. 3, Bald Head Island Conservancy Auditorium, 700 Federal Road, Bald Head Island.
- Bird Island Reserve, 9 a.m. Dec. 4, Sunset Beach Town Hall, 700 Sunset Blvd. North, Sunset Beach.
- Currituck Banks Reserve, 11 a.m. Dec. 5, Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education, Currituck Heritage Park, 1160 Village Lane, Corolla.
- Rachel Carson Reserve, 10 a.m. Dec. 10, NOAA Beaufort Lab Administration Building, 101 Pivers Island Road, Beaufort.
- Permuda Island Reserve,1 p.m. Dec.11, Sneads Ferry Branch Library, 1330 Highway 210, Sneads Ferry.
- Buxton Woods Reserve, 1 p.m. Dec. 11, Buxton Fire Department, 47331 N.C. 12, Buxton.
- Kitty Hawk Woods Reserve, 10 a.m. Dec. 12, Kitty Hawk Town Hall, 101 Veterans Memorial Drive, Kitty Hawk.