The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division and the state employment agency are hosting five career fairs across eastern North Carolina, starting this week in Shallotte.
The Brunswick County career fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Brunswick County Career Center, 5300-7 Main St., Shallotte.
Career fairs are also scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- Feb. 12 at the Beaufort County Career Center in Washington.
- Feb. 21 at the NC Works Career Center in Wilmington.
- Feb. 28 at the NC Works Career Center in Morehead City.
- March 6 at the College of the Albemarle in Manteo.
Applications will be accepted for current and future positions at all skill levels, including entry-level parking lot attendants, office staff, shipyard tradespeople and experienced boat captains. Temporary and full-time permanent positions are available.
Officials said that benefits of Ferry Division employment include the following:
- Competitive salaries.
- Year-round, full-time permanent employment.
- Shift housing available at some locations.
- Health insurance.
- Recruitment bonuses.
- Retirement benefits.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
People interested in attending the job fair should bring resumes, references and supporting documents. Representatives from the Ferry Division will be on hand to explain the various positions available and opportunities for advancement.
To see jobs available with the Ferry Division, visit the state jobs website and search “Ferry.” Then continue to visit the site, as new ferry jobs are added regularly.
For more information, call 252-463-7027.