Wright Brothers National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills is offering free admission on a handful of special days this year.
The memorial honors Wilbur and Orville Wright who, after four years of scientific experimentation, achieved the first successful airplane flights on Dec. 17, 1903.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Jan. 18
- First Day of National Park Week April 17
- Great American Outdoors Act anniversary Aug. 4
- National Park Service Birthday Aug. 25
- National Public Lands Day Sept. 25
- Veterans Day Nov. 11
- The 118th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight Dec. 17
Cost the remaining days of the year is $10 for adults, 16 and older and free for 15 and younger, those with a Federal Recreational Lands Passes and those with an Every Kid in a Park Pass for fourth graders and their family. An annual pass for the park is $35.